Friday, November 11, 2005

Searching on Craigs List

Craigs List (craigslist.org) is an amazing thing.  I was reading the personals in the ‘Missed Connections’ section and there were so many I Miss You posts and the like.  It was so much like a blog or a book of failed relationships.  I knew that there were so many like me in my area of the world.  I know from reading blogs here that there are many heart-broken people or those that are about to be heart broken.  But it hit closer to home for me.  I perused the ads just to see if, by chance, she had written anything.  No, there wasn’t but I wrote something, even though I know she’ll never read it.  Just like this blog.  She knows it exists but she doesn’t know the url.  

On another note:

I’m frustrated because I saw her husband yesterday.  We passed in a hallway at work (as he works in another section) and he actually said Hey.  I was dumbstruck.  I mean, why would you even say hello, much less ‘Hey’ to someone who had relations with your wife?  Who actually LIVED with your wife?  Who your wife actually said, “I love you” to?  Strange.  It must mean he thinks he won.  That he has her.  And that she’s his.

That’s no prize let me assure you.  He can have her.  Though I was able to put up with her shit, he won’t be able to.  Never has been able to.  That’s why she left him in the first place.  

How do you forget all the things that made your life miserable in the first place?  How do you forget all the hateful words that were passed?  

How do you forgive someone who gives their love to someone else?

I digress.  

I’m going to the Viper Room tonight.  A friend’s band is playing there.  It’s an 80’s band that had a few big hits, one being that “Always Something There to Remind Me” and “Promises Promises” song.  Yes, Naked Eyes.  My friend joined the band not too long ago but he’s doing well there.  Traveling all over the place and being famous and stuff.  Good for him.  I’m on the VIP list, woo hoo!  I hear some major celebrities are going to be in-house; they’re friends with the lead singer.

Anyway, that’s my entry and I’m sticking to it.


No comments: