Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Addicted to Blogs.. and other Notes

I’ve found myself becoming almost addicted to the blogging thing. Before “blogging” became what it is now, I was doing it on my AOL webspace. It wasn’t blogging then, it was known as a personal journal. For me, they were rants about things in my life that I found most absurd or disturbing. I got the idea from some professor at a local college who put a website up for his continuing stories and daily observations. It ran in the local paper. I was intrigued. When blogs became popular, I thought to myself, Why the fuck didn’t I think of that??

Anyway, due to my recent break up, I’ve been combing the web for support info and how to cope. It’s not like they’re new to me… from the previous times I’ve looked them up, the webmasters should know me by name now… or at least IP address. I found this blog that I just found to be brilliant.

A Year In Pictures Following The Break-Up

I just found the photographs to be a great addition to his story. I was moved. It kind of made me feel small for being so bitter. Though our stories don’t even come close to being similar, it still makes me feel as though I’m petty and ridiculous. Oh well, it’s my MO and I’m sticking to it.

On other notes…


I put the picture of my kittens on my desktop screen because I adore them. Yet, I haven’t seen them in over two weeks. They’re with the XGF now, so I don’t think I’ll ever see them again. I couldn’t take either where I went (three dogs and an allergic woman? Nope..). I should take the picture off because I sometimes start tearing up after looking at them for more than a minute.

Let me reiterate… I am a girly sensitive man. Nothing wrong with it. I’m comfortable with myself. :-p

Again, Bella and Sabastian. Their original names were Lilly and Bear. We adopted them from the neighborhood Petco and renamed them. I think the X renamed them because Bear was her shortened nickname for her husband and I’m sure it was uncomfortable for her. I’m only speculating. I think the names were in reference to the band, but I never knew her to be a fan. Odd.

So, to keep my occupied and to think about the future, I’ve been researching schools to attend to finish my education. I’m very interested in Communications but I don’t have the time to actually go to school. Actually, I don’t have the interest in actually mingling with people who are ten years my junior. The last time I explored a classroom setting, I couldn’t stand it because, no offense, but I’m just not in the same place mentally or educationally as these people. It was almost like pulling hairs out by the handful at times.

Ridiculous.

So, I’ve decided I want to earn my Bachelor’s completely online. I’ve found two schools that offer Communications online that aren’t 1) Phoenix University and 2) unaccredited.

One is NYU. They have a Digital Media type communications program, which I would be into. They are well known and having a degree from NYU would simply kick ass. However, they’re terribly expensive.
Two is Ellis College of NYIT, another New York school. They’ve got kickin’ credentials too and they’re a lot less than NYU. I’d take a government loan of course, just like I did last time when I went to graphic design school (which did almost nothing for my career).
Either way, I couldn’t start until after the first of the year because I seemed to have lost my income tax statements and I don’t want to go through the hassles of getting new ones.

We’ll see... I may just go pick a Lotto ticket and win the millions. Then I’ll be able to go to any school.

Well, onward I go. It’s off to go see Jarhead tonight. Ah, the perks of writing for a fledgling movie zine.

No comments: