Saturday, November 12, 2005

Emotional breakdown

I had a breakdown this morning. One thought led to another and soon a string of thoughts became an image. That image perpetuated into a torrential downfall of feelings and emotions that I couldn’t keep in anymore.

I don’t know why I still love her so much. Nor do I know why I miss her terribly. I do know that the pain is incredibly handicapping and I’m barely able handle it. I wish there was some sort of pill or medicine for this.

Advil for a broken heart.

I wrote some haikus that were inspired by emotional breakdown. Please sit and enjoy.
---



The hole within me
No longer manageable
The pain now comforts

Tears are like rivers
Filling a sea of sadness
No dam can be built

Emotional ride
A roller coaster of fear
I want to get off

You showed me the way
The path of a better man
It was all for naught

Every day’s a waste
Without the love you gave me
Precious faith fleeting

I have loved and lost
I’d rather not love at all
For Joy is gone too

The rain of my tears
Plummet without stinting
Oceans overflow

Every passing day
The hurting will not abate
Solutions crumble

The taste of your lips
Just so Intoxicating
Drunk for many nights

Wounded and betrayed
Your obligations mock me
Forever damaged

No comments: