Monday, November 05, 2007

Ugh..

So, all I gots to say about the first day at work.. I hope it gets better.

Now.. onto this silly writer's strike..

Do they not get paid for what they do? Do they not get paid well? I'm tired of hearing this bullshit about how there are 12,000 writers in the union and not all of them are getting paid. Well, if all 12,000 fucking writers were actually working (SAG and the writers' union are the only two I know where people can be members AND unemployed) then they'd all get paid. This is about those who actually work. They're getting paid good money to write these scripts. They get residuals when their tv shows are rebroadcast. They get paid when those shows go to DVD. Tell me where else one's services get compensated multiple times after they've completed the work (other than publishing)? If I write a manual for my employer and they publish it in different forms and it gets distributed different ways, I get paid ONCE. Why? Cos they own it. I did a service for them. That's what these people are doing. They work for a network/production company. They are producing television shows for a studio. They're lucky to get paid each time that show airs and when it hits DVD. They should be happy they're being paid as many times as they do. And now they want residuals from possible showings on the internet? C'mon.. Please! Get over yourselves. Be happy you have jobs! Your show could get canceled at any time! And now I gotta suffer through reruns. Fuckers.

Fuck it.. Who cares. Hollywood is full of fucktards anyway.

No comments: