Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's the little things..

I just got off the phone with a writer/director/actor/professor. He recently wrote a book for actors on the art of.. well.. acting. In the interest of anonymity I'd rather not say which book but I would definitely recommend it to actors and those who want to know the mindset of actors. Personally, I hate most actors. I abhor Hollywood (okay, 'abhor' is a strong word.. dislike, maybe?) but I do keep my toes planted in the entertainment industry. This man was a delight to talk to. I could hear the passion in his voice for the craft and the knowledge that he had within him about it. It was truly fascinating.

It inspires me to continue what I do. It moves me that there are things that can still inspire me, really. I'll also say that his New Jersey accent was rather charming. It's the little things like this that bring me some satisfaction and happiness.

Plus he's sending me a Moleskine Journal. How fucking rad is that??

No comments: