Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's a great day!

So, today was the dreaded weigh-in and measurement after 21 days of counting calories (not really counting - just changing my diet to more healthy foods), 6-day-a-week workouts for at least a half-hour to an hour each day with two of those days being trainer-led (Sean kicks my ass! He's fucking awesome) and just staying motivated and positive. Let's see what happened.

I stepped onto the scale and.. shit! I lost a pound and a half. What the fuck? Oh, wait! I lost 4.3 inches across the board, 2.5% body fat which translates to 7.3 pounds with a gain of 5.8 pounds of muscle. Again, 21 days. That's roughly 2.8 pounds a week. My trainer says it's pretty amazing that I lost that much in that amount of time. I'm pretty fucking stoked. So, I had a candy bar to reward myself; a small Snickers (I used to eat the big ones). It's cool because I'm beginning to see the changes in my face and clothes are getting a little looser. I have a little more energy and, I don't know if it's me or if it's the fitness but I feel upbeat, positive and a little happier; like I did when I was on Celexa (an anti-depressant I was taking for anxiety). It's amazing, really. I feel great. Now if I could just skip the planks. I hate planks.

I don't expect the muscle gain in the next month and neither does Sean. He thinks that, if I keep up what I'm doing now, I'll lose the pounds quickly and easily. Now that's what I want to hear. I'm even more motivated now. It's a lesson to you all that, just because you don't see the pounds coming off on the scale doesn't mean you're not losing the weight.

So, my reward after I drop the initial weight (I've decided that my target date is this day next year for my total transformation) of 40 pounds will be the $40 bottle of Pinot Noir I have stashed in the closet. I'm glad I didn't take that out on New Year's. That would have been a shame. Until that time, not a drop of alcohol will be consumed. Damn. That sounds pretty harsh. But it's god-damned worth it.

On to other things... So, today, I wrote this mother-fucking awesome poem. It's.. well, it just flowed out. I am absolutely proud of this poem. So, where is it you ask? Sorry, it's one of those poems I don't want to share. I will say this - it's pretty angry. But it's just brilliant. If you ask nicely, I may share it but.. don't hold your breath. But, yeah.. it's pretty sweet. It's not haiku, either.

So, I've been cleared to attend school. I had to jump through hoops with a school counsellor to get him to clear me just to take one class - English 103. I'm petitioning an online course and the instructor asked me to write a 200-word paragraph on the Importance of Social Service for Students. Is it really important for students to have social services? Eh, probably. I mean, look at disabled students, low-income students, students with special needs... yeah, it's important. With the little research I've done, it seems Europe has kickin' social services for students. Sucks to be us. I also have to state my desire and seriousness for taking the class.. Hello!? I failed it and it's why I got kicked out of school! Umm, teacher.. I need to take this class so I can get the fuck outta Dodge and go to a Uni (eventually, anyway). I've got plans, yo! I've set goals!

I'm fucking tired. But life is good. Life. Is. Good.

No comments: