Monday, March 10, 2008

A spirited Monday evening...

When I found out that Loquat was playing the Viper Room, I had to go. And when I heard that I could just email them to get on the guest list, I was even more stoked. So, tonight was the show and boy.. it was really sweet. They're a tight 5-piece band. The lead singer, Kylee Swensen, has such a wonderful voice and it wasn't even affected by the sore throat she said she was suffering from.

They're on their way to SXSW in Austin, TX. Lucky them. It's one music/movie/party fest I want to get to sometime in my lifetime. I think I'll make plans to go sometime in the next few years. Anyway, they're a San Francisco band who I've been into for a few years. I first heard them on one of the Soma FM online streams - I think it was the Indie stream - and I was hooked.

I bought their EP and it's rad. Hand coloured, too. Nifty. I got the green one, as it's St. Patty's Day soon.

I did see the band that played after Loquat.. not impressed. Dude.. Mr. Lead Singer, Kurt Kobain is dead. Let it go, man! And when the guitar player wears a 45 Grave t-shirt and the percussionist wears a Siouxsie shirt and their music sounds nothing like either.. you lose credibility.

I'm tired. Time for bed. It's a school night, ya know.

Random, useless fact:

Favourite Depeche Mode song: Blasphemous Rumours
Second Favourite DM song: Black Celebration

Random haiku:

The trees they take shape
The forest slowly appears
See the big picture

I smell the colors
Green, Peach, Purple and Violet
My senses heightened

Your face forgotten
The smell of citrus still burns
Some things never fade

No comments: