Friday, March 28, 2008

Gosh..

The moon was just spectacular tonight. At least at one in the morning it was. Hovering low in the night sky, half-illuminated; it was just awesome. It guided me home on the way back from Glendale, coming back from a night of great laughs. I laughed so hard I cried. I haven't laughed like that in forever. Reminiscing with old friends, one whom I haven't seen in at least 4 years. We talked about our stories working at the Happiest Place on Earth, people who we worked with, friends we haven't seen and... the stories. The ones that brought joy to our humdrum lives. The ones that brought back wonderful memories. The ones that made our hearts lift up for just an evening. The ones that we all carry so that we can tell our kids so that they can relate.

Man, the stories of me and my piercings. And who I showed them to (use your imagination) and where.. The stories of my 25th birthday party.. the stories of late night band practice and making up stupid lyrics to looped sequences. Oh my god, I laugh now when I should be sleeping.

I've been thinking lately about what an angry person I am. I am deeply angry and yet I cope with it each day. I know I can change myself through positive thought and affirmation. And each day it gets a little better. I have an ocean of anger and with a small pale, I bail. It is these stories and these get togethers that take loads away and make me realize just how much I enjoy my life and how great I have it. There are many people out there that don't have stories, let alone friends. I am thankful.

And, as I admired that moon, I thought of a friend tonight whom I haven't talked to in a great long while. While I wrestle with her memory, I still think it would be great to have a chat.

I can bet she admired the moon, too, because that's what she does. Because she's good like that.

No comments: