Thursday, April 24, 2008

Geez..

You know.. It feels awesome when your English instructor uses a paragraph you wrote (amongst others') as an example of what TO DO when following an assignment (I must say, my paragraph was the best out of the 4.. but I'm being biased. I prolly woulda got a perfect score had I not forgotten to use a title).

What sucks is that I did very poorly on the fallacies quiz and I know I totally fucked up my essay -- the subject being: why does our society continue to maintain the standard that women be thin to be attractive all the while we continue to become fatter as a society (paraphrasing, of course). I have an opinion on this, and I read many sources AND I used the ones the instructor laid out for us. Yet, I was hasty and lazy and didn't do the essay until the last moment and coupled with the fact that I wanted to go out that night, I wrote 1,000 words of bullshit nonsense. So ill-prepared and so unfocused.

I can, however, sum it up in just a few words.. it's because our society is fucked up beyond measure. That's why.

On another note - stay tuned. I had this great idea for a new story that I want to write. It'll be brilliant. Really.

No comments: