Sunday, February 10, 2008

Valentine's Day

Oh, dread.. the day that Hallmark made absolutely important for women is coming up. I hate Valentine's Day because it's that one day women think they're entitled to something and men have to bend for it.

Fuck that. Why can't men think they're entitled to something as well? We've been taught, as men, that we have to give something to our girlfriends and that we have to spend all of this money doing so and women are taught to take take take.

I hate seeing pink, heart-shaped candy boxes, Tiffany blue jewelry boxes, greeting cards and commercials that say Diamonds are Forever.

When two people are in love, they should appreciate their partners every day. Not just one out of the year. At least, I'd appreciate my partner every day if I had one.

But I'm too cynical now to want one.

Too bitter to care.

Too angry to...

There aren't enough band-aids to patch me up, doc. Because, each time I fall I end up having to pick up the pieces.. pieces that won't mend. I don't want to fall anymore.

No comments: