Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I did it!

Well… I did it.  I went into HR this morning and told the manager that I’m takin’ the easy way out – give me my money please!  

This will end a near 10-year run on my corporate career ladder.  Up until now, I’ve been dreading the trek each and every morning to this place.  Though I’ve found solitude at times (most recently, actually) in coming here, I feel that I’m better off in the long run not setting foot here anymore.  Though it will be awhile before I actually do get the pink slip (maybe a month or so), I am content knowing that my life will change after leaving this place.  

In the last year and a half, it’s gone from okay to cah-cah to put-a-gun-to-my-head so quickly I don’t know how I coped.  I just hope that my future brings something more memorable.

A quick note – I just want to thank my friends that have listened to all my bullshit through the past few months.  Without them, I probably wouldn’t be here anymore.  And I mean that literally.  At least I would have done it pretty SoCal style – something like a freeway chase and a police shootout… Go out in a blaze of glory, that’s what I always say.  

Why does this feel like I’m saying goodbye or that I’m accepting an award for something?  

I need a vacation.  I think I’m going to Vegas after I leave work.  I need a few days away.

No comments: