Saturday, January 07, 2006

Emotions suck.

It's been over three months now since my break up.  I thought I was doing better; I've been seeing a therapist and trying to keep myself occupied and I was just accepted into a Bachelor's Program at a great school yet I still feel empty and lonely and unwilling to move on in my life. 
 
I saw her last week because she wanted to give me something back of mine.  I keep wondering why she didn't just send it to me.  We talked about her relationship with her husband and how he's trying but I truly believe it's all smoke and mirrors; that he's doing it all just so that she'll stay and take care of him and that he doesn't love her.  She says she loves him and needs to try to make it work, even though she admitted that all she's doing is trying to fulfull her obligations as a wife and that she was scared of committing to me -- it was easier to go back to an established marriage.  If it weren't for him, we'd be together.  How silly is that?? 
 
I told her I wanted her to be happy and that she should try her hardest to make it work because if it fails, she'll know she tried.  I told her I would never call her again but would love to eventually be friends one day, if that were possible.  In the end I told her I missed and loved her and she said the same and we held each other and kissed goodbye.  I tried to avoid kissing her on the lips but she kissed me instead.  It's the little things that confuse me, like the kiss and the embraces.  I don't know how to explain it but I could just feel "it".  It reinforces my thoughts of her being in denial.
 
Since this meeting, I have regressed back into my depression and have been worse than ever.  I keep trying to analyse everything and being logical about the whole situation.  At the same time, I'm trying to be "a man" about it -- being jovial, non-chalant, making fun, saying I'm over it but secretly I cry for her almost every day and I seriously hope their marriage fails.  It's all a lie in my eyes.
 
Yes, I need to move on.  Yes, I'll eventually heal and yes.. I'm sure there's someone better.  But, I want HER.   
 
I know she loves me.  I know she misses me.  But I know her fear and obligations are all that keep her from leaving him.  He's a weak man, always begging her to come back after apologizing and backpeddling. 
 
And I know she'll never leave him.
 
I don't know what to do anymore.  I'm trying, really I am.
 
I've come to realise that logic doesn't stand a chance when dealing with the heart.  I can come to so many logical conclusions and analyse their relationship and all the things said between them and their behaviour towards one another yet it's all out the window when it comes to fear, obligation, guilt and love.  And I feel so helpless because I want to help her see it but I can't.  I just have to watch and wait for the trainwreck to happen.  Though I don't wait for her to return, I do hope that she will.  This, too, I have to get over.
 
In my heart of hearts, I truly believe she's in love with me and wants to be with me.  But it can never be because of her obligations to him. 

No comments: