Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas is for shallow, silly people... Who like scarves.

I hate Christmas. I hate it for numerous reasons. One, Jesus Christ was not born in December. If he even existed at all, he probably entered the world somewhere in March. Two, Christmas is more a Pegan holiday than a Christian one. First, the Pegans were celebrating the Winter Equinox. Second, they're the ones that introduced the damn tree. Third, Santa Claus is not a diety of any kind, though he probably represents a wintery one. Finally, what does Christ have to do with giving gifts and being Merry? I don't see the correlation. Do you? EDIT: I see it now.. Wise men who brought gifts yada yada yada.. okay... whatever..
Another reason to hate Xmas -- people are unrealistically nice to each other. Fake fake fake fake.. People are fake. People lie. People are being.... stupid. I hate Christmas because it makes us obligated to be nice to others. Why can't we be nice to each other all year round? Christmas 24/7 52 weeks a year.

Another reason to hate Xmas -- I don't want to spend money buying gifts for others. I'm sure everyone feels obligated in giving gifts. Well, don't buy me anything. I don't want it. I don't want the cheap bottle of wine, the gift certificate to Walmart, the cheese ball with nuts, a tin of popcorn, the joke blow up doll (no matter how horny I may be), the latest PSP game, a giftcard to Barnes and Noble, a facial from the local day-spa or anything else for that matter. I will, however, take cash. And not some trinket of an amount. I'm talking 3 digits or more.

Another reason to hate Xmas -- all the stupid Christmas commercials on tv. All of the stupid shopping days left. The lack of parking space at the mall.

The only good thing about Christmas -- Family, friends and food. Lots of food.

No comments: