Monday, March 13, 2006

Johnny Depp

I find Johnny Depp most fascinating.  His portrayal of John Wilmot in The Libertine (2004) is so… Depp.  He always tackles roles that are out of the way, intellectual and stunning.  If I were a gay man, I’d be licking the television screen to taste his utmost in sexual power.  He is charismatic, honest, dirty.  I’m glad I’m watching an Oscar screener at home and not sitting in the theatre embarrassed by my fascination.  The only bad thing about watching an Oscar screener is that it has THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY tattooed at the top of the screen, along with the code number so that, if I were to ever sell this out on the street, they’d know it was me that did it, not that I’d ever sell/give/trade this screener away.  I really like this movie thus far.  

In Libertine, I see that there are two actors from a British comedy called Coupling, a rather hilarious show.  They tried it here in the States without success.  I’m surprised that the Office made it this far.  

Anyway, this does not make me gay.  At least I hope not.  Well, I know I’m not gay but a man like Depp will sometimes make you wonder.

No comments: