Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Flying Spaghetti Monster!

I just may become a convert. I found out about this little religion after reading about the Arch Bishop of Canterbury saying he doesn’t believe creationism should be taught in schools.

Click Here.

FSM, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, is yet another incarnation of a great powerful being that created the universe and all the laws of nature. When scientists measure the age of things, the FSM will change the readings to make sure we think the earth is older than it really is. The FSM (and the resulting religion of Pastafarianism) states that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the mountains, trees and… a midget. This is my understanding, anyway, as I am new to this enlightening way of thought. Also, if you don’t become a pirate, you will make him mad. As a result of fewer pirates throughout the ages, global warming has increased.

See chart. (Because HOT LINKING is good)

To “balance” the teaching of ID (Intellectual Design) in schools, the fine people who spread the Word of FSM thought it would only be fair and educational that students subjected to ID should also be subjected to FSM AND evolution. Taken from a letter to different school boards:

I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

It seems FSM has taken on a large cult following. It also seems to me that this school of thought is just as valid as any other religious school. Christianity, Islam, Greek Mythology all are on par with Pastafariism (I’m only guessing that that’s how it’s spelled or called).

I haven’t seen any other rules or guidelines to this new religion but I dare say it seems to be the most liberal, even beyond the Episcopalian values. It also seems the least hypocritical. And the followers are much better looking, younger and more hip.

So, sign me up, give me a pirate suit and call me a Pastafarian… ARR!

Let His Noodly Appendage touch thee!

** This just in - THEY'RE RELEASING A BOOK! Check them out on Amazon.com.

No comments: