Monday, October 24, 2005

Is it always like this? (Listening to the Cure, I am)

So… I’ve been in a relationship for the passed year or so, if you count the times when she left me and then came back and then left and then came back x 4 or 6 more times.  I always let my guard down and took her back for some strange reason.  Call me a weak, sensitive, girly man.  But give me props for feeling compassion and a need for companionship.  Okay.. just the compassion part then.

We finally broke up two weeks ago, ending a 9-month living situation together.  Though the apartment was small, it was cozy and cheap.  And gated so I wouldn’t be exposed to the dangers of bad bad people.  

So anyway, she actually decided it was time to move... without any type of discussion.   She couldn’t be bothered with living on her own, with money problems and grown-up worries.  So, she decided to move back in with her parents.  Where did this leave me?  Luckily, I have a friend with extra space in his home.  Again, where was I in this decision?  I guess called in sick that day.  

So, I see her today.  A week after we move out she’s wearing a wedding band.  She tried to be sly and remove it before I saw it but she wasn’t fast enough.  Oh yeah.. I forgot to note that she left her husband for me.  And has been flip-flopping between him and me for the last year.  I know, I know… I should have cut her off at the first sign of dissent but, again, I’m a sap who… well… loved her.  Bring in the firing squad (I’d like, for my last meal, a bottle of Maker’s Mark please) and make it quick, thanks.  So, like a cat on the prowl, I pounced on her with questions related to the damned ring.  She went back to him.. once again.  It was predictable and I knew it would happen.  But each time she goes to him, she comes back.  Well, not this time.  

I told her that I won’t be there the next time.  And that she should lose my number.  

They deserve each other.  A man that desperate and a woman that mental should be together in happiness.  

In the future buy your own damned Tiffany jewelry, too, bitch.

No comments: