Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Some things..

So.. let's see.. One never really appreciates life until after so miserably bombing, committing suicide would be a step up. I kid, I kid.. Suicide is more lateral.

I so fucking bombed tonight I just walked off stage without even finishing what couldn't even be considered a set. It's even lower than being a noob. Noobs just go - they take it all the way. I.. well, lower than noobness. I'm newbie noob. For those that don't know, doing standup comedy is on the level of doing Einsteinian (none of that Quantum bullshit) physics calculations, it's that difficult (okay, maybe not, but.. it's hard.. okay?). One week, you may get a laugh, the next week, you may not. In this case, my night was the latter. And doing it in a pinstripe suit where I looked like a 30's mobster doesn't make it any easier.

I don't know why I just completely froze up - I just wasn't ready for the costume yet, I'd like to think. But, I'm at the stage now where I can handle it. Normally, I'd dwell over it for days until someone would say.. get over it.. then I'd dwell just a bit more until.. well, the universe collapsed onto itself (on a side note: CERN is about to create their own Big Bang. Can't wait to get swallowed up into a mini blackhole. Damn Swiss). I can laugh at myself. Now if I can just do that with normal, everyday things in my life.. like.. well.. everything else in my life.

Just got my car back.. Yay for me! I can't tell you how much going back to an 8 cylinder vehicle feels so good after driving a 4 cylinder one. Don't get me wrong, a Ford Focus is great on gas mileage but it wasn't doing anything for my social life.... not that my Mustang is doing anything for it either but it does sound nice and it has a cool paint job. It has that going for it.

This past weekend I had the most awesome sunday. I took the train out to Los Angeles.. That's a big deal when you live in teh OC (bitch). Then I took the subway out to Hollywood, met up with a friend, had a few (too many) shots, flirted with the bartender (I seem to have a thing for pretty bartenders.. When will I ever learn?) and then bought a suit on the way back. It was definitely good times. I'm a big proponent for riding the train as a means of alternative transportation. I now have a way of getting to Hollywood for cheaper than a few gallons of gas and parking. Metrorail, you rock!

Anyway, I have photographs of my journey so I shall post those up soon. Dude, it was just fucking awesome. So. Much. Fun.

Holy fucking Christ. If I had used this as my material, it would have been fucking hilarious. I wouldn't even have had to make fun of a feminist.

Final note - watching The Matrix for Philosophy class. I got so much out of it this time round. Who knew education would be that useful!? And if no one caught the nod to Baudrillard in the beginning, I did. Those goddamned fucking Simulacrae.

Watch for the photos.

No comments: