Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last night at Cinespia!

So yesterday was the last official night of Cinespia from what I understand (there will be a Cinespia for Halloween the week before or so -they're going to show CARRIE! So. Awesome. And I will be there) and my friends and I were there for early imbibing and general discussion (at the moment, it's about their married-couple friends Joe and Shannon. Not very good for Joe I might add).

So, as we stand in line on the sidewalk on Sunset Blvd listening to some Mexican stripmall church performing music that sounds a lot like Ozzy Ozbourne (Crazy Train) and Black Sabbath (Iron Man) in the background, while drinking Shiraz from lovely glass (heavy glass!) cups (not appropriate wine glasses), I spied the chick I met online whom I went out on a few dates with (again, DEATH RACE is NOT a good date movie).

Talk about awkward.

I immediately made myself look busy by looking up at storefront signs, the forming moon, the church playing Ozzy-Sabbath music; stuff one does when trying to look busy while not being noticed by said past-date chick.

So time passes and we're ushered into the cemetery (yes, cemetery, because that's where Cinespia is! Duh!?) and all is right with the world. We find our spot in the back, as always, and lo and behold the chick AND her date walk up nearly next to us and scope out areas of grass seating.

Shit! What the fuck do I do now? (One of my friends said I should have shouted out, "I'd fuck that bitch there," to which I said, "Umm, no.") So, again.. signs, waning moon, palm trees (in lieu of church and crappy songs). I think she saw me this time because they bee-lined it to the other side of the field.

So just what the hell does one do when they see someone whom they had a few dates with but never really talked to again (not my fault. She's the one that stopped correspondence. Bitch.)? Should I have gone up to her and said, "Hey, [her name here]! How goes it? Is this the new cock you found on [dating service here]? I see he's better looking than you! Good of you to move up in the world." ...or...

"Hey, biatch. What's up with not calling or emailing back? You know I needed weeks of therapy for that? Don't you think it's considerate to at least close off an open port of communication? My mom had to bake me cookies for days on end just for me to get over you! Oh the horror!"

I think the second one would have been funnier. Of course, the-Hey-I'd-fuck-her! comment, in hindsight, seems most funniest though the most crude. Of course, I didn't point her out to any of my friends because, frankly, they don't need to see who she is nor do I need to make myself more obvious. Live and let live, I always say.

The movie was great. Sergourney Weaver was just sooo hot and a strong chick, which led to feminist jokes with another, female, friend. Of course, she's somewhat feministic herself, just more hot and realistic. Later, as I apologized for any jokes that may have offended, she simply said that if she thought I were being serious, she'd have kicked my ass. With her really cute shoes.

No comments: