Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm listening to Adam Ant at this moment.

Fortunately, Adam Ant has nothing to do with this entry. I'm listening to a song by the Butthole Surfers now, anyway.. it's called Kuntz. I'm on the fence about it. I think it's Vietnamese or maybe it's some other Asian language. Hell.. who cares? And now it's the Bangles. Walk Like an Egyptian. I really need to fix the order in which the songs play on my WinAmp player. I digress.


I work near LAX. So during my lunch break, I'll often drive to the beach to enjoy the quiet atmosphere (minus the planes flying over and the water breaking on the beach) because there aren't many people there during work hours. It offers me time to think, reflect and to enjoy the moment.

Today, there was a film crew there getting ready to film scenes for a movie or tv show. Sorry, don't know which or for what but.. I wasn't really too interested. I was more interested in the planes flying overhead. Though the noise was deafening, it was somewhat fascinating to watch these behemoths soar overhead to an unknown destination.

Anyway.. I love the beach. There's something about the sand, the water, the wind, the scent.. It's all intoxicating. I was at the Manhattan Beach pier yesterday. I watched as the surfers tried to catch mediocre waves. This is the one thing I'm going to miss about this job - being able to get to the beach just to hang out. It's a temp job, by the way. I start my real job on Monday.

And getting back to the airplanes taking off from LAX. It's just fucking awesome. There are spots along different streets adjacent to the airport where people just watch the planes take off. It's such a simple pleasure. I prefer watching from the beach myself but one can see the actual take-offs and landings from these street locations. I can watch them from the parking structure next to my building, actually. It's pretty sweet. I've always liked airports, airplanes and the sound of jets roaring along the tarmac. These and more bring back childhood memories of traveling the world (I was 4.. the world could've been a trip to Pacoima for all knew).

I'm feeling calm. Content. Secure. I'm feeling fucking awesome.

I'll add the pictures later. They're on my phone. Until then, I'll just enjoy Erasure's Love to Hate You, which is now playing.

No comments: