Thursday, December 18, 2008

Education: Is it really worth it?

Finally. This semester is over, though I think it went by rather quickly. I just finished (about 3 hours ago, that is) my Logic final. I think I'll get a decent grade in the class, though I am kind of disappointed I didn't do better. It's not like I couldn't do better. Again, I have a problem with applying myself to things I'm not emotionally attached to. School and emotion do not mix.

For me, logic wasn't that difficult (except for all of the truth tables and math-like symbolic equations) but I feel kind of disappointed in myself. I know I could have done better, especially in the debates we had. For what it's worth, I did do well considering the lack of preparation. I don't know if I should brag about that or not.

In my other class (Intro to Philosophy), I got an A. I'm one of 6 people in a class of 52 that got an A. Yet, I know I could have done better. When I saw the highest score, and it wasn't mine, I felt somewhat lacking. Yet, I didn't try there either.

Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed philosophy. But I didn't really apply myself.

I know I should do better. I've a few more semesters before I transfer to Uni. I have to get the other, more shitty, classes out of the way.. like science and math. Ick. And to think, I actually liked math when I was a kid.

But, for now, I'm happy to be taking Ethics and (get this) Religions of the West. I'm seriously considering focusing my studies on religion.

I better get on the ball. I want to take this to Masters. How am I going to get into [muffled] if I have lousy grades?

No comments: