Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wow..

I'm finally finished with my first ever online college course. I don't know if I ever want to take an 8 week online course again.... especially an English course.

I think I did pretty well.. I finished it.. that's pretty good, right? I ended up missing one essay and another assignment. I'm not perfect, just close to it. ;-) Yeah, but.. the small assignments are where the points are at and I did pretty well throughout -- I always managed to do better than the average, except for a few. I'm glad it's finally done. Short classes are pretty hard, especially when you wait until the day the assignments are due to actually do them. I guess that's what makes it a challenge. And boy.. was I challenged. It was actually a good class.. with an idealistic instructor. Gotta love them. I think instructors should keep their views out of the class. Don't get me wrong, I really liked my instructor. I think she was really cool, unique and well-intentioned. She got me to think a lot. Sorta reminded me of someone I once knew. But, please.. keep the liberal, unrealistic ideology out. Unless it's a philosophy class.. then we can discuss. I can't wait to take one of those. Off-topic.

Wait. I'm liberal. But.. Still. Zip it. :-) Damn it! Where's my KPFK sticker?? Anyway..

On to other things.

My half-brother was in town. He lives in London and came to the States for a wee visit. We hung out a few of the days he was here. Went and saw the grandparents, had dinner, some drinks. It's weird to try and relate to someone I never grew up with, never knew until pretty much last year. I mean.. I want to know him, but.. I'm not going to die if I don't, ya know? But he and I had these really interesting, deep conversations. The man is insanely smart. It runs in the genes, I guess.


Stand up comedy.. yeah.. tonight was awesome! Some nights, I just hit the mark.. Most nights, I can't even hit the side of the earth.

I'm thinking about taking an improv class. A co-worker of mine's brother-in-law is an improv teacher. He teaches at UCLA, in fact. Despite that flaw (I come from a family that all either went to SC or has something to do with the school.. so FIGHT ON!), I think I'll have to check him out.

No comments: