Sunday, May 04, 2008

Seriously..

I'm trying to figure out what I can do to contribute to social change.

"Have blog. Will comment."

Until now, I've just commented, ranted, bitched, moaned, whined, complained about things. I've probably written a thing or two that has probably made someone think (while others just got angry. Oh well.). But it isn't enough.

What I should be doing is asking questions and offering solutions to common, everyday issues. Or, maybe offering tidbits on what one can do to buck the system. Sometimes, throwing monkey wrenches willy nilly can be good, too. But, I wouldn't suggest doing what people from Earth First! do. It may be a Hummer, but it's somebody's Hummer. Burning a dealership full of them doesn't solve a thing. It just pisses the wrong people off and pollutes the air (all that fire and stuff, ya know).

What I should be doing... Let me rephrase. What I COULD be doing. Should is the wrong word.

Ok. I'm over it now. Social change will occur with or without me. But, if someone has a good cause, contact me. I'm up for jumping someone else's train.

No comments: