Thursday, March 22, 2007

Computers Suck

I'm really pissed right now.

I did an interview with Guy Pearce this afternoon. It was a good interview and speaking to Mr. Pearce was really nice. He's a good guy, funny and not at all a dick like some celeb's I've spoken to. It was around 15 minutes long - I asked maybe 12 questions. After the interview, I saved the file as an MP3, exited the software and was done with it. I knew it saved because I saw the file on my desktop. It WAS there.

Now it's gone.

I can't find it anywhere. I downloaded an undelete utility to see if I deleted it - it's nowhere amongst the deleted files.

I searched the hard drives for every MP3 file. I just found shit from the Killers to the MP3 files the other programs use.

I double-checked all the directories - twice - three times - that I could have saved/moved/stored the file.

No luck.

I am now pissed to the point of tears. I can't just call the publicist up and say, you know what? * Chuckle * I kind of lost the interview with Guy and was wondering * Chuckle * if I can get in another 15 minutes with the guy.. well, because my computer somehow lost the interview.

It doesn't work like that.

I have all my other interviews from Tobin Bell to Hugh Dancy to Gretchen Mol to all the fucking interviews I've done and I can't fucking find this one interview. WHAT THE FUCK!!?

"What's that? Is that... is that you? Mr. Mark? Mr. Maker's Mark? Yes! Yes, I'll be right there. Please save a shot glass for me!"

Yep, it's time to break out the alcohol.

No comments: