Friday, March 02, 2007

Catching up and Looking Back..

I was out tonight with some old friends whom I hadn't seen in years (some, in months).

It was great catching up with them and looking back to the past. The stories we had.

I got to thinking about all the good times we had and how every story I had began with -- I WAS SO DRUNK. It was rather funny.

But now, I'm kinda depressed because all of those times were so great and now all of my friends have gone on to produce their own families (you know.. get married, have some kids and get a job) whereas I'm still single, living like the bachelor that I am. Life has passed me up. I'm too old to reproduce those times and it sucks. I wish I were 20 again.

Let me point out that I NEVER WANT TO GET MARRIED and I NEVER WANT TO HAVE KIDS. I've realised this and I'm good with it. Hell, I'm even considering the permenant single lifestyle. Seriously.

Oh well.. I'm not too old where I can't go out and party. I'm still a decent drinker.. just yesterday, I drank a whole bottle of wine in one sitting. Didn't hit me.. too badly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

id say that if you're happy with what you have then you're living the good life.

but i do relate.

i watch people around me with brand spanky new marriages that undoubtedly retain that shiny newly nuptialed smell. and then the kids follow. and so on...

in the end, its all what we make of it. isnt it?

i enjoy reading your blog...if only you would post more :)

Steve said...

Thanks for the comment!

Yeah... that "newly nuptialed" smell.. It take a lot of Tide to get that out of my clothes.

I'll try to write more but the topics and time elude me.