Monday, October 23, 2006

The girl who just broke up

I have to wonder -- would have I gotten laid yesterday if I had just said yes?

I'm hanging out at my local House of Blues bar cos.. well, I like it there (even though their drink prices are just attrocious). The bar was getting full and I was sitting alone but the stool next me was empty.

In walks a girl and she asks if the seat next to me was taken and, of course, I said no. There she sits, with vibrator in hand (one of those notification vibrators, okay?) and the first words out of her mouth was "this was the only bar in the area I could find.. I needed to get out NOW THAT I JUST BROKE UP". (Okay, it's a paraphrase, but I think it's really close)

I'm watching the Tigers/Cardinals game on tv and couldn't be bothered, but I asked if she was alone. And she said yes.. "I thought coming out by myself would take my mind off of BREAKING UP".

Now, she wasn't that bad.. I would give her a 6 (an LA 3). I mean, I wouldn't brag if I bagged her or anything. But, she kept repeating the fact that she just broke up.. Now, that's a major flag. I may be single, may be looking but I'm DEFINITELY not looking to be someone's little after break up fuck. Or, worse than that, the ear that has to listen to someone who's going through it -- I have my own problems. That's what friends are for - not strangers at a bar.

Her vibrator went off and she asked if I wanted to come sit with her and I declined. But, I wonder... would I have gotten laid? I betcha I would have...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolll i betcha you would have as well.

my motto: as long as they're housebroken.

good discipline :)

who won the game?

Steve said...

You know what? I don't recall. The bar got so full and noisy that I just stopped watching the game and started watching the others.

People watching is just so much more interesting.. Besides, the Cards won the series anyway, not that anyone cares. I was rooting for Detroit.