Thursday, July 27, 2006

Where I'd rather be..

Sigh. There are places I find more exciting than where I’m at now. Las Vegas. Seattle. San Diego. Chicago. Dallas. San Antonio. But not Los Angeles (and the surrounding areas). Granted, I love the Getty, MOCA, select areas of Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Downtown. But, as a whole, I can’t stand LA. When I was in San Diego last weekend, it just felt so much more tolerable. More… entertaining. More, peaceful (even in a clubby, downtowny place like the Gaslamp district) even. And when I was in Dallas or San Antonio, those cities just rocked. My favourite though is Chicago.

See, if I wanted to, I could just pick up and leave. I have enough money to move my ass half-way across the country, find an apartment, and live for three months looking for a job. I’m sure I could find something in that period of time.

But..

I don’t. And I don’t know why I don’t. Well, I do, kinda. There’s the fear factor, which of course plays a big role in my daily decision making activities. Then there’s the website that’s being developed for the entertainment publication I produce. If that were to become successful, there’s no telling where I can go.

In downtown San Diego, the Hard Rock is building a hotel and condos. I’d love to live in one of those condos. I’m not saying that the website will make me millions, but I’m hoping that it will generate something worth the hell that I’ve put myself through for the last year.

Anyway, just a few more months. And then we’ll see what happens. I’m sooo close. Hell, I even got a screening DVD from NBC for a new show that’s coming this fall. It screened at Comic Con but how many people can say they have a copy IN HAND? Not many. Only a handful of people got to see it this thing, which by the way kicks ass. It should be NBC’s LOST. And, I request copies of movies that HAVEN’T EVEN BEEN RELEASED IN THE THEATRE yet and I get them. How cool is that?

Anyway, I digress. It isn’t about what I do anyway. It’s about where I want to be. And how much longer do I have to be here before I can move on to there. Day by day, that’s what they say. And who’s “They” anyway?

San Diego, man. San Diego. (on a side note – they’re building some cool condos in Vegas, too…!)

No comments: