Sunday, July 02, 2006

Things I miss

  • Bicycling down the Strand from Redondo Beach to Hermosa and Manhattan. Then ending up in Santa Monica.
  • Working a job without actually working (Disneyland).
  • Having lots of people to go to Vegas with.
  • Being 25
  • Sitting at a bar in Wellington NZ and getting piss drunk off my ass. Then walking back to my friend's flat.
  • My mum.
  • Driving just to drive, with a bunch of friend's crammed in the car.
  • Hanging out at coffee shops.
  • Being in a band.
  • Not worrying whether I'll be poor or worthless or a failure.
  • Not worrying that I've gotten too old.
  • The touch of a woman's soft skin against my own.
  • Tender kisses.
  • The anxiety of seeing a girl's tits for the first time.
  • Chinese food on prom night.
  • Childhood friends.
  • Only 7 channels on television.
  • 25 cent coin op games
  • Snow cones.
  • The feeling I got when I watched Xanadu for the first time.
  • 1982.
  • Waking up next to someone I love.
  • Not throwing up after drinking all night.
  • Staying out late on a school night.
  • Gecko's on Wednesday Nights.
  • Live Bait on Thursday Nights.
  • The Lighthouse on any night.

There are so many things I miss. Sometimes I wish I could relive just a few.

No comments: