Saturday, September 18, 2010

OMGOMG!!

Ethnic Studies is a requirement for me to transfer to university. This is fine and good and all but the writing assignment I (and all of my classmates) received really has me going OMFG, WTF!?

I have to come up with a research paper that somehow ties in a specific topic and how it affected 4 different minority groups. So, I can talk about immigration or labor exploitation. I can talk about ethnic enclaves (ethnic enclaves? GAH!) or a plethora of other topics. It would be so much easier if I only had to talk about one minority group.. but four?

While I was positive I would have no problems with this, I'm quickly coming to the realization that I'm most likely going to fail miserably. I really hate academia.

If anyone can suggest a thesis statement, I'll promise not to tell I stole it from you. So long as you didn't write a paper on it that can be found through turnitin.com. Really. Mum's the word.

No comments: