Saturday, September 29, 2007

Change

"We either adapt to change.... or we get left behind."
-Meredith, Grey's Anatomy


Change is inevitable. Things change, people change, everything changes. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. And, yes, adapting to those changes can sometimes be hard. But, if we don't adapt, we can get left behind.

I'm in the process of changing AND adapting.

I'm at the beginning of something extraordinary. It's positive and not so positive. It's painful yet relieving. It's inviting yet scary. It's yin and yang.

I watched Grey's Anatomy this morning - online rebroadcasts are great. It's funny how even in television shows we see messages that help us understand ourselves, help us to move on our way, however cheesy that may be. I've been noticing a lot of coincidences happening lately, though certainly last season and the one before had them as well, but just not as noticeable as now. And, on a tangent, I'm becoming convinced that these coincidences are something.. though I will not say what.

Change is good and bad but it's always something necessary for one to grow. I'm changing for the better as it's the only way I can go now.

"It hurts to grow. Anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying."
Meredith, Grey's Anatomy

Certainly, I will go through the pains of growth but I know I will come out of this better than I came into it. It's going to be a painful journey but I can do it. I've done a lot of things in my life that were painful. What's so different about this? (I'll have to answer that rhetorical question - this time I'm more aware)

The first step is always the hardest and, for me, the scariest. What's harder is finding the path to take. But, I'm on my way.

Someone told me once that I was amazing. Yes, I am. I am amazing. I am tooting my horn because I can. And as long as I believe that, amazing things will happen.

And to that person who told me I was amazing -- you are amazing, too. And.. thank you.

No comments: